St Barts VIP Concierge Services
Banking, ATMs & Currency
The currency on St Barts is the Euro, although the American Dollar is widely accepted.
There are ATMs across St Barts: in downtown Gustavia, St Jean, near the supermarket Marché U, and opposite the airport at the Galeries du Commerce.
Where to exchange dollars and other money on St Barts?
There is a currency exchange in Gustavia (Change Caraibes) on the main road into town on the right hand side, although the ATM remains the best way of obtaining Euros.
For banking hours are generally Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to noon and 2 to 3:30 PM; banks close on weekends, holidays, and afternoons preceding holidays.
- Banque Française Commerciale (B.F.C.), rue du Général de Gaulle, Gustavia (Tel: 05.90.27.62.62), and in St. Jean (Tel: 05.90.27.87.75)
- BDAF, accross from the Post Office in Gustavia (Tel. : 0590 29 68 30)
- B.N.P ( Banque Nationale de Paris), rue de Bord de Mer, Gustavia (Tel: 05.90.27.63.70).
- Bred, La Savane, St-Jean (Tel: 05.90.52.06.00)
- Credit Agricole, rue Jeanne d'Arc (Tel: 0 820 800 971 - 0,09€/mn)
- Change Caraïbe, exchange office in Gustavia ( Tel.: 0590 27 57 57)
American Express has an office (05 90 52 97 06 ) on the island, at La Savane Center in St Jean.
They offer American Express Cardmembers the usual services and since local ATMs do not accept American Express Cards, they fill the gap by providing emergency check cashing in Euro or USD.